Tuesday, May 1, 2007

CABO!

Cabo was awesome. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to write about it, but I have been busy catching up with all the work that didn’t get done while I was gone. I don’t mind that they didn’t do my work, but nonetheless, it was all stuff that needed to be done. Now that I am all caught up, I finally get to share my trip. It wasn’t all exciting and grand, but it had its high points. Mostly though it was so relaxing and just nice to spend time with my family with no other distractions, no phone, no anything to worry about. I didn’t know what to do with myself being off work (both jobs) for 7 whole days, but I ate it up as long as I could.

As you know, I went out for some cocktails the night before I left. Therefore, I didn’t get near enough sleep and felt like I was hit by a truck when 3:30am rolled around on Saturday. I still bounced out of bed though and was singing in the shower. Hell, I was going to Cabo. I sat in the shower singing, hurried and got ready and was just damn excited. We got to the airport with not that long to spare (that I can remember anyway) and next thing you know, we were boarding the plane and on the way to Arizona where we could catch our connecting flight. I was so excited thinking that I would be able to sleep and hopefully get rid of the rumbling in my tummy that must have been from the alcohol the night before…and that is when I realized I was sitting right in front of two young kids. Keep in mind here people that I LOVE KIDS. I really do. I can’t wait to have my own one day and all that. As we take off the kids are being all good and quiet and the mom seems to have pretty good control over them. But the longer we were on the plane (mind you the flight was maybe an hour and forty five minutes long). To start with, the mom was sitting directly behind me in the middle and there was a kid behind my mom and sister. Just sitting next to them I was getting tossed around with how much the kids were moving around and kicking and everything. My sister is not a morning person at all and for the first half of the flight, I was trying to calm her down because she was getting so annoyed and frustrated because she couldn’t ever get comfortable due to constantly being kicked. I was all comfy and just started going to sleep when the youngest of the kids started throwing a fit and screaming and crying and freaking out. Somehow she ended up behind me and I was now the brunt of being bashed around. At first I was ok with it due to the fact that I love kids and I understand that they must go crazy having to sit for so long and so on. But it was about then that I really started to feel like shit…BRING ON HANGOVER! Then I started feeling all claustrophobic and just ready to crawl out of my skin. It seriously took every ounce of energy to remain calm and not start wigging out. But some how I managed. All I prayed for at that point was to 1) not throw up on the plane and 2) not have them sitting behind me on the next plane. Both my prayers were answered…YAY me.

In the Arizona airport we about 3 hours to kill, which sucked so we ate and then were chilling waiting for the plane when they announced that it was delayed. Not good!! That delayed me starting to work on my tan. Oh well. I started to feel a little better tummy wise after I ate, but as soon as I was back on the plane, I felt like shit. Thought I was going to puke again, my head was not only pounding but doing the whole light headed thing…so uncomfortable. But I made it through that flight without yacking and got to see landing in Mexico. The airport was like nothing I had seen before. I had heard, “oh yea, wait til you see it. It is nuts,” but I still wasn’t expecting what I saw. From the looks of it when we were first starting to land, it looked like we were just landing on dirt. I almost shit myself. Then getting off the plane and having to walk down the stairs onto the ground, outside…was a trip. The airport was crazy too…the people there are like vultures, but we made it out safe and sound and found our way into a shuttle van thing.

We were in the shuttle with another family that seemed super nice and were talkative and fun. As we are driving through town, the driver pulls over at a little store and tells us to go in and buy some beer before we really got on our way into Cabo. I was thinking to myself, “you can have an open container in a vehicle!?!” My dad must have read my mind and all he said and had to say was, “Mexico.” Good point. They get a six pack of Corona and they start opening them up and passing them around and one of the guys looks at my sister and I and says, “You aren’t old enough to drink are you?” I almost died. Are you kidding me? I just had my 25th birthday. So I let him know I was able to but my sister wasn’t and they looked at me like I was out of my mind and asked how old we were. I told him and I hear, “wow, I would have guessed you were 17.” Great, I am going to be carded everywhere I go!

When we got to our resort, I was in shock. It was so gorgeous. Everywhere I looked were palm trees, green bushes, flowers, plants…fucking awesome! And it was hot. I was in heaven. As mom and dad were checking in I started really itching to go to the pool. I don’t do good with the be patient thing…just give me a key, let me go change and be on my way. But I toughed it out and we loaded all our luggage onto a cart and got a tour around the resort and then taken to our room. This place was amazing. It had a room with two beds and a fancy bathroom, but just a few feet down the hall was another complete bathroom. The showers were unbelievably big and everything was tile. Not to mention, we had our own patio that had lawn chairs and a jacuzzi. Without even unpacking anything or getting settled whatsoever, my sister and I threw on our suits and headed to the closest pool. It was almost 5pm at that point, but it was still so gorgeous. We only laid out for about an hour and then went to dinner and a yummy Mexican restaurant. We ended up going to bed early because we were exhausted from traveling and wanted to get up early and get to the pool.

Sunday morning came and I felt refreshed and was so excited to get down to the pool. My sister and I ended up being there an hour before my parents. It was so nice. I loved being at the pool and being able to hear the ocean. I honestly think the sound of the ocean and the waves hitting the beach is one of my most favorite things ever. The day was pretty chill and low key. We walked around the resort we were staying at and made friends with the guys selling stuff on the beach. The coolest thing was sitting at the pool, without a care in the world and having someone bring me a cocktail. And my mom was all about drinking cocktails. That and having the drink of the day be 2 for 1. That night I convinced my parents to try sushi for the first time and they actually liked it. I definitely like the places here in Reno a ton better, but it was still good. My poor sister though. She hates seafood, so she was only able to enjoy a bowl of rice.

Monday came and we were told by my parents they had a surprise for us. We loaded up in the rental car and were on our way into town. We get there and no matter what we asked we were doing, my parents wouldn’t tell us. Not until we saw the sign did it register. We were going to swim with dolphins. I about died I was so damn excited. That has always been something I wanted to do and never in a million years would’ve thought my parents would surprise us with it…especially with how much money they were already shelling out on the trip in general. The experience was something I will never forget. To be in such a close proximity to them and be able to have them swim around you and touch them…AMAZING!!! I think we were with them for at least a half an hour. It could have been longer, but I didn’t care. We got to get a ride on the dorsal fin, she kissed us and a hand shake type thing. The pictures are unbelievable. I suck cause I don’t have them uploaded yet, but will share when I do. If we didn’t do anything else for the rest of the trip, I would have been ok with that. We walked around the dock after and had some lunch. Then made our way back to resort and found our way down to the pool.

Tuesday was another chill day at the pool. My sister and I had more fun swimming and just spending time together. It was awesome. Even though we weren’t doing anything, just being in the sun and not working was great. That night we ate restaurant called Tomatoes.

Wednesday we went back into town and my sister and I went parasailing. I wasn’t so sure what to expect. I mean, you see people doing it all the time, but I have never seen how it is that they get up there or come back down. The guy doing it was funnier than all get out. We went up tandem and it actually wasn’t at all scary like I thought it would be. It was amazing how far you could see. Not to mention, there was some military ship that was in the cove, so that was fun to look at. Then randomly, we saw a huge whale that was maybe 20 yards from us. It was awesome. Then we happened to look down at just the right time to see a baby hammer head shark! And then 30 seconds later, after seeing the shark, they dipped our feet and legs into the ocean! I wasn’t scared of being dipped, just a little uncomfortable since we had just seen a SHARK! My parents were able to record it and get some good pictures of us. We spent some time around town and then went back to the resort and chilled for a bit then got ready for our dinner cruise. The dinner thing was $53 a person, but it included all the drinks you wanted (draft beer and well of course) and we ate filet and shrimp! It was so unbelievably good. There was a whale playing around not far from the boat, so that was fun and then they had some entertainment. After my parents were all about me going out since they felt I would like it. I was ready to call it a night, but I figured what the hell. So we all (sister included) ended up at El Squid Row. That place was freaking awesome. I had my mom trashed and my sister had a good buzz. Her and I were taking jello shots and she had a shot of tequila. Mom was doing jello shots also and drinking red bull vodkas. We danced like rock stars and then it was time to go since my sister wasn’t 18.

Come Thursday morning, no one had a hang over which was nice. We actually slept in for the first time since we had been gone. We had planned on Thursday being rather chill, so we ended up down at the pool and for the first time, the flag for swimming in the ocean wasn’t red. So my sister and I went down on the beach. Holy shit, I had so much fun. Just the two of us playing in the waves. We were both getting knocked down…I swear people were probably laughing at us making such asses of ourselves. We were laughing so hard I seriously almost peed myself! Then my mom and dad came down to join us and that was hysterical! My dad was diving into the waves and mom was getting thrashed around. It was great. I don’t know how long we were down there, but it was a while. I looked at my sister at one point and she had gotten knocked so hard with a wave that her boob was full on just not in her bathing suit anymore. I was crying I was laughing so hard. Then I realized just how full of sand I was. I reached around and felt my ass and there was so much sand in my bathing suit, it probably looked like I had a load in there! It took forever in the shower to get the sand out of everything. Holy shit it was fun though. That night we were so drained we ordered pizza in the room and watched a movie.

Friday came all too quick. I wanted to cry knowing it would be our last day sitting at the pool. But we made the most of it. My sister and I had the chance to go on an ATV ride, but we decided we wanted to hang at the pool and play in the ocean again. We bought a few more things and just enjoyed our last day of vacation. Oh, we did get massages. I had never had a massage before and I seriously thought I died and went to heaven. If I was rich, I would get one every damn week. It was amazing. That night we went to a super fun, nice dinner. I had steak and lobster…so good! And we were sitting outside and go to watch the ocean and the waves that night were just out of control. They were coming up so high on the beach. We walked around the night taking pictures and just enjoying it.

Saturday was all about packing and then we went and had breakfast. Bought a few more things and were on our way to the airport. I was so sad, but happy to get back to reality. As much as I loved it, I had a hard time not working for that long. I was looking forward to getting up on Sunday morning and getting back into the swing of things. The flights home were a lot better than on the way there even though we almost didn’t make our connecting flight in Arizona. They held the plane ten minutes for us (there were about 9 of us trying to get on the flight). When we got to the gate, the plane was still there but they told us they wouldn’t open the door for us and we would have to catch a flight at 7. I don’t know what happened, but they opened it and were able to get on, which was nice. Coming back to snow wasn’t fun though.

There are the events of my trip. I might have missed a few things, but that was the majority of it all. It was wonderful and I really want to go again and there is talk it will happen next year!!

No comments: