Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Benefits of not drinking...

With the new bet going on and not drinking, I have been doing some thinking on why this whole not drinking thing is good for you. Mind you the bet only goes two weeks with Kylen, but with work, it lasts til the 25th. So after pondering during my oh-so-busy-day I came up with the following benefits of not drinking:

*save $$ (always a good thing!)
*lose some weight...hopefully
*will more than likely get to sleep earlier
*more sleep = less cranky
*won't make an ass out of myself while drunk (although it happens sober too...)
*since less calories from alcohol, I can get them from other things (like dessert)
*no hang overs
*no puking causes by excessive alcohol
*healthier in general
*happy liver
*definite safer driver

I am sure there are more, but that is a start.

4 comments:

Lindz said...

Oh man, trust me the list goes on and on... how about the fact that when you do drink again, your tolerance will have gone down which in-turn saves you money too. If you need encouragement, I am the girl to come to! (Don't get me wrong, I still drink.)

Jen said...

I CAN'T DRINK! But! I have actually lost some weight and DEFINITELY become more toned since I have been pregnant, and I have not had any morning sickness (knock on wood!), so the only explanation is because I have quit drinking! My abs look fabulous (which is kinda sad because they will soon be all stretched out).. But my ass looks better than ever! (Hopefully it remains in tact!)

GOOD LUCK! I'm ROOTING FOR YOU!

Jen said...

P.S. It is going to take me FOREVER to read your Cabo blog!

misguidedmommy said...

you forgot that when you are sober you can totally make fun of the drunk people, plus have the capability to remember the drunk people and make fun of said drunk people the next day when they are hung over....westside