Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh, what a night

I have to write about my night last night because it is just so weird how it all panned out, but you need all the details leading up to last night. First of all, I had said that I would go to the basketball game at UNR with the guy I coach volleyball with at the beginning of the week. The deal between him and I is simply this: he likes me and has told me and I have made it very clear on several occasions that I want nothing more than a friendship with him. He is ok with that and knows I like going to the game and his other friend couldn't go, so he asked me. He is well aware of every other guy that I have dated and that I am still hung up on M.L. (which is another story in itself). Well, Tuesday night M.L. had said that he wanted to meet up and "talk" last night and then we were both going to the game and he asked if I wanted to meet up there and I said I would come say hi. That turned into, "well who are you going with?" I replied, thinking nothing of it, "the guy I coach with." Holy crap was that a wrong move. He was like, "uh oh, sounds fishy, have fun with that." I was pissed. Seriously, where does he get off. So I text him telling him that if I had something to hide, I would have lied about who I was going with to which he responded, "play on player." Whatever. I called, we talked, we laughed, said we we would see each other at the game and that was it.

So on the way to the game I am telling the guy I coach with everything that has been going on the last two weeks between M.L. and I and my story is just about done as we are walking into Lawlor and I swear to you, M.L. walks by. How flippin crazy is that!?! So we get in and I went over and said hi and no joke, he hugs me and says, "hey babe, how's it going?" There was a little small talk, I introduced the two and off I went to my seat. From my seat, I was literally two sections away from where he was and could see him clear as day. We text a few times during the game and after I asked if he was still wanting to meet up. The text messages started off as him just flipping me shit about how my night was and if the guy I went with and I had nice deep conversations. At first I thought maybe he was joking until he laid into me being out on a date and that he just got faded and didn't feel like talking and wanted to do it tomorrow. I was so annoyed. I just sat there thinking that I have been hung up on a guy that seriously is just a waste of my time and a piece of shit just like the rest of the sorry assholes I have dated. So the texts got crazy back and forth and he was telling me to calm down and that we would talk, just not last night and on and on and I finally just let him know that he obviously has no respect for me and that he isn't the guy that I thought he was. That tipped him over and the conversation ended.

So now I am left pissed off at myself for thinking that he was something that he isn't and just annoyed with what a douchebag he is. I guess it is good that I found out though and that I am able to move on now. I just am shocked at how selfish people can be. It is crazy. I thought my night would end with different answers from him, that we would have sat down and actually talked about things, and would have a good feeling. Instead, shit hit the fan and I am left thinking so much less of the person he is. It is quite sad actually, but what can you do?

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

The funny thing is that no matter how much you say you have learned you are so still going to keep talking to him. Oh well kiddo I hope things work themselves out soon. Take care kiddo.