Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A realization

I was told when I started my serving job by many people that I would get worn out and burnt out and that I was taking on too much. Well, I started to think over the weekend that maybe my friends and family were right. But then I got to thinking and I realized, I am ok. I am just extremely tired and irritated and little things are pissing me off. These last couple weeks have just been jam packed with stuff to do and so I am constantly on the go. The funny thing is, I enjoy working my serving job. So much, that I have even thought about quitting my state job, but then reality set in and I realize that is where my insurance is and I need to keep it. I just was getting over whelmed with Christmas shopping, Christmas parties and so on.

This last weekend I had was out of control. Work all day Friday, get called in to hostess Friday night. After I got off work, I had to rush over to my state Christmas party, but be sure to get home at a decent hour knowing I needed to get up and serve all day on Saturday. Get up Saturday morning, work all day, rush to a relatives house for a get together, rush to Kara's to get ready for another Christmas party keeping in the back of my mind that I need to get up and go to volleyball on Sunday, make sure all my presents are finished and ready to go for an exchange on Monday, go to work at 4 and was supposed to have a Christmas party Sunday night. My goodness. I was going insane. I was so tired Saturday night that I couldn't even think about drinking. I serioulsy was yawning the entire night and was told that I wasn't fun cause I wasn't drunk and being all crazy. So when Sunday morning came and I was thinking about all that I had to do, I almost had a breakdown. So I called volleyball and said I wouldn't be there. I got all my presents finished, they just needed to be wrapped and took a nap before work. The best news of the day was when I showed up to work to find out the party was canceled. The only thing I was thinking was, "Shit yes, I get to go home and sleep." How sad is that?!

So needless to say, I just feel exhausted. It sucks and I am trying to come up with a solution and I think I have found one. I don't think I am going to coach traveling volleyball. I know, big shock because I love to coach. Thing is, it is too much of my time for far too many months. I was thinking about all that I missed out on last year and I don't want to go through that again. Not to mention, I like working my serving job. I don't want to have to request time off of a job that I like so I can get paid less and have to deal with drama. No thank you. So it looks like my life of three jobs might go down to two and that means more time for me and for spending time doing this things I want to do...like hang out with Shannon, my other friends, and family.

No comments: