Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Great Christmas...with a little hurt

Christmas was good this year. Once again, my sister and I were completely spoiled and got everything that we asked for. My parents love to make us happy and feel they have to do that. I loved just being with them though and the rest of my family. This year was just so nice. Everyone seemed to just relax and enjoy and things weren't tense. And although this Christmas was awesome, it was also sad and hard for me as well.

This was my first Christmas without my Papa. I think that had a lot to do with my attitude last week and it was just coming out in many different ways and in many different areas. It was so weird to be able to open presents without waiting for him to get there and grab his cup of coffee first. To not have him there joking about just how spoiled my sister and I are, even though he used to spoil us just as much. To not have him smile and laugh and just be in the room. I found myself crying at so many different times during the day. I know that he was with me and my family, but it just wasn't the same and that is just me being selfish. I wasn't ready for him to not be here, yet am so thankful that he isn't hurting anymore and peaceful. I just hope he knows how much I love and miss him and will for the rest of my life.

No comments: