Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Welcome 2007

Wow, was I ever lame bringing in the new year. I started off New Year's Eve with working at 8:30am. I worked my shift left and within an hour was asked to come back to work to work the dinner schedule. I figured I would still be out early enough that I could go do something and was excited to make a little extra money, so I went back. What a horrible idea that ended up being. Not only did I really not make that much in tips because most of my tables just sat there when they were done eating not allowing me to get other people and more tips, but my back started hurting. This happens occasionally since I was in an accident a couple years ago, but for some reason, that night was really, really bad. It was so bad that I was uncomfortable and found it extremely hard to keep a smile on my face. When I would go back in the kitchen, my eyes would tear up and one of our cooks would rub it. By the end of my shift, it was so bad, I left work crying. I went to my parents where I loaded up on a muscle relaxer and a bunch of anti-inflammatorys and just hung out there. Everyone that I know for the most part was out partying it up and I was home on the couch with my parents. Oh well. I guess you have to have a year like that at some point. Needless to say, it was nice not being hungover when I woke up on New Year's day and I got some really good sleep.

I have spent a ton of time trying to come up with New Year's Resolutions and I really wasn't coming up with anything. I think I finally came up with a couple that are pretty realistic and that I could stick with. One is saving money. That should be simple enough since I am working so flippin much. Another is to eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight. No, I am not fat, not over weight or anything of the sort and I know that. I just know where I would like to be and how I would like to feel and that is what I plan on doing. Shannon got me hooked on this website that should get me to where I want to be and she right now is my motivation and inspiration. I think having someone to do it with will be that much more enjoyable. Now I just need to get on the band wagon of working out at least three times a week. I don't think that is too much and I should be able to fit that in between both jobs and volleyball. So those are my goals. I guess one other and one that I started before the new year is to be an overall better person. I only want people in my life that are going to be positive. I am over drama and negative people and don't need it in my life. I am not in high school and I am sure as hell not going to put up with a bunch of bullshit. I plan on being a better friend, daughter, sister and so on. Those are my goals.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

you sound like you have a great year ahead of you. I dont think you need to work on being a better person at all either, i just think you need to work on surrounding yourself with better people and less with people like ML and KC (ewwy) I think you will have a great year though. I'm excited to scrapbook and go to the grocery store