Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Joy of Roomates

Oh dear, is this a funny yet aggravating story. Let me start with saying that I haven't lived with a roommate in years and have been living entirely on my own until Nov 25. It has been a readjustment to say the least. All my stuff is being used and not by me. And let's face it, no one takes care of your stuff the way that you do. Now, my perfect little condo will have glasses laying around, an unfolded blanket on the couch, at least one dish in the sink, and so on. I have dealt with all that well and even with the fact that at least two times a week I am woken up when she gets home at night. But last night, I was freaking out.

I get home from having dinner over at Shannon's (which was fantastic!) and my roommate and a friend were over. He is a cutie I might add. We all chilled and watched some TV, played a little Mad Gab, and chatted. Well, it got late and I was awful tired, so friend said he was going home and roommate decided she was going to go the gym and walk out with friend. Great, BEDTIME! I was so flippin excited. I wash my face and brush my teeth and am getting ready to go in my room, when roommate walks back in the door on her cell crying, and goes straight in her room and closes the door. Great, guy drama.

I finish what I was doing, go in my room, close the door, and can clearly hear crying and realize that her boyfriend just broke up with her. Swell, this will be a long night. She stomps out of her room, still on the phone mind you, and into the bathroom. The crying continues and the voice continues to rise. At this point I am really starting to feel bad for the girl because it is never fun to get broken up with (even if everyone around your thinks it is the best thing ever!). Five minutes pass and she stomps back to her room...still on the phone. I am just about to crawl in bed when I hear CRASH-BANG. I quickly stop and head toward my bedroom door where I wait a few more seconds. Then I get to hear a really loud THUD against the wall and realize it is time for me to go into her room and see what the hell she is doing.

I walk in to see all the pictures and other things that were once on the window sill on the floor. Then I see the wall. Much to my dislike, there is a nice six inch gash through the sheet rock of the bedroom wall. That's right. She was so upset about being broken up with, she decided to throw a picture frame against the wall. I was dying looking at it. Here is a side note, I am the only person on the lease of the condo, I am the one that paid the deposit, and therefore, I am the one that is responsible and the one who will be losing money for things that go wrong with the place. I try to forget about the hole in the wall for a little bit and decide it is time to comfort my roommate and try to get her calmed down so nothing else destructive happens. I felt so bad. I have been her place before and it really sucks. It seems like your world is crashing down. I get her calmed down enough to where I don't fear that anything else will get broken or destroyed and decide I will go to bed since she is calling her ex back.

So now, I am just frustrated and a little lost on how to handle the situation. Obviously it is something that her and I need to talk about, but I am not sure how to approach the subject. Not to mention, she flies home for five weeks next Saturday. What a night huh?

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

wooohoooo your back up and running now hurry up and post man