Monday, June 4, 2007

Young Again

It is so easy to get wrapped up in being an adult and doing all adult things like working, doing chores, things that require being responsible before you play. Well yesterday, I got to feel young again. It was great. I went to Six Flags for the first time in years! A few friends and I have talked about going for a couple years now and just never go. I am a big roller coaster fan and got my fix yesterday. I don't know what it is about them, but I can't get enough of them. No matter how many times I ride them, I will still sit there in the seat waiting for them to go and be so nervous. My stomach will hurt and the anticipation gets to me. But once they start and the loops and twirls come, I am one happy camper. I love it. I have never had to worry about getting sick or anything like that. My stomach seems to be pretty strong. I can even eat and then jump right on.

I did have a close encounter though yesterday. I drank a margarita and it didn't sit well at all in my tummy. I immediately got on one of their new rides and it goes for 0-shit in .25 seconds and I really thought that margarita was going to come up, especially when I was just hanging upside down. Lucky for me, I was able to control it and not embarrass the shit out of myself.

It is amazing how going to a place like that can be so much fun and make you feel so young. You forget about everything else in your life that stresses you out (bills, work, etc.) and just get to let your hair down and have a great time. It is definitely something that I wouldn't mind doing more often. I think it would be fun to get a group of people to go. I was so lucky to be off yesterday so I could do something like that. Speaking of. The restaurant has really cut back my shifts. I am only working 1-2 nights a week. That is definitely a lot better for me. It was just getting to be too stressful and I was getting tired of missing out on so many things.

Ok, that is all for now.

No comments: