Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Beyond Frustrated

And that is no lie. I am shocked even. As I wrote, I gave my part time job my notice and the reasoning behind it. They did try to work with me by changing the schedule so I have Friday off this week and realized they needed to have someone else work Saturday. Well, they had me scheduled for 4pm tomorrow, but I don't get out of my full time job until 4:30pm. I tried telling them yesterday that I couldn't be there at that time, but they were too busy to talk to me and had to get off the phone. So I figured I needed to call today to let them know and also try to talk to them about Sunday. I went into the conversation wanting to explain why Sunday is going to be hard for me and that I would be emotional, BUT if they still needed me, I would be there. This is how my conversation went with one of the bosses:

Me: "I just wanted to let you know that you guys have me scheduled to be in tomorrow at 4, but I don't get off work til 4:30."

Boss (with a shit ton of attitude): "Then get here at 5." --at this point he gets ready to hang up--

Me: "I also needed to talk to you about Sunday. I don't know if I am going to be able to make it..."

-before I could go any further-

Boss: "You are really going to do this to me on Father's Day weekend."

Me: "It's not that I am trying to..."

-before I could finish-

Boss: "Don't come in and don't bother showing up Wednesday." CLICK

I was seriously dumbfounded. My boss literally hung up on me. He didn't listen to a word I had to say. I sat there just stewing. My blood pressure was seriously through the roof. I was sitting here in my little skirt all freezing and had to strip off my little sweat jacket my blood was pumping so hard! I was thinking, well at least I don't have to worry about working anymore, but then also feeling very bad. That was a job that I used to love and could still love if I didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of. I am sure they are probably wondering what is going on with me. Why all of a sudden I am not picking up all the extra shifts and wanting to spend all my time up there. So after thinking on it for a few, I picked up the phone and called back.

I am not going to go into the whole phone conversation, but I made it clear that I didn't appreciate being hung up on, that I wasn't try to screw them over by not going in on Sunday, that had I been given a chance I would have explained why Sunday was going to be hard on me. I said that I wasn't trying to get out of work, but know that it is going to be extremely hard on me emotionally. I was told that they have a business to run and it can't be stopped just because something happened in my life a year ago. I was so upset. I told him to look at it from my perspective and see that I have worked every single holiday since I have started there WITHOUT complaining and have pulled doubles. I reminded him that I wasn't allowed to take Mother's Day off even though I requested it and made it fully aware that I would be missing out on my sisters 16th birthday, my cousins 18th birthday, AND Mother's Day. After all my explanation I said that I would work on Wednesday and Thursday and even Sunday if I was needed. It ended with me working the next two nights, and having Thursday be my last day.

I got off the phone feeling completely defeated. No matter what I said or what I did, it didn't seem to make anything better. Like I said to him, I don't want to leave there on bad terms or with tension. I don't want it to be left to where I don't feel comfortable going up there for dinner or drinks or whatever. And I don't want my last two nights to be completely uncomfortable...and I really have a feeling that is how it is going to be. Oh well. I am going to go in these next two nights with my head held high. I will work and do a good job and all the while have a smile on my face. I just hate that it came to what it did. I am also completely shocked that my boss hung up on me and treated me the way that he did. I know it is out of frustration, but still.

I just feel bad now.

8 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Okay...so YOU did the right thing. You go, you put in your time, and you move on. That's the best you can do.

Good luck & hang in there.

angie said...

sounds like your boss is the one that should feel bad not you!

misguidedmommy said...

.....................................

misguidedmommy said...

post

misguidedmommy said...

something

misguidedmommy said...

anything

misguidedmommy said...

.....................................

misguidedmommy said...

DO YOU CHECK YOUR DAMN COMMENTS...PEOPLE FINALLY COMMENT AND YOU STOP BLOGGING...WRITE SOMETHING DAMMIT