Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stupid Doctor

Seriously, I hate going to the doctor, especially when I know that I am not going to get an answer about what the hell is going on with me. Take today for instance. I went to the doctor and walked away knowing nothing really more than what I did when I got there. For the last two weeks, I have been showing signs of a bladder infection. The weird thing is, the symptoms come and go. One day I could be so uncomfortable and in pain and then the next totally normal. Or I could be in pain for a could hours and then feel fine the next. Yes, this has been going on for two weeks and finally today was just too much for me.

So, I took my little self to the doctor. When asked what's wrong, I explained that I thought I could have a bladder infection...but it isn't your typical bladder infection. I couldn't think of any other way to explain it. I did the whole pee in a cup and wait for them to check it. They did their little text and told me, "It looks like the beginning stages of a bladder infection." I just started laughing. I said, "Wow, that is a long beginning stage since the problem has been going on for two weeks now." The doctor just had a dumbfounded look on her face and was like, "Well, I guess we will go ahead and treat it as though it is a bladder infection. If it doesn't get better, then come back and we will try to figure out what else it could be." Right...ok. So, she fills out my prescription and sends me on my way knowing nothing more than I did when I walked in the place.

What I walked away with:
$51.00 bill for the doctor to tell me exactly what I told her and to pee in a cup.
$5.00 for my Rx

Lovely

No comments: