Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My New Man

Well, since I know pretty much everyone that reads my blog, reads Shannon’s blog and/is friends with her, it is no secret that I have a boyfriend…not that I was keeping it a secret...and he is great. The situation was a sticky one to get into. There are so many other factors that are involved in how him and I have been connected over the last three years, but I am not going to get into that right now. He and I started talking again after I text him asking how him and his kids were. Yes, he has two amazing kids. His daughter will be 5 tomorrow and his son, two the end of July. I have been around his daughter since right before she turned two and was around for the birth of his son. I was only not around for about six months. Anyhow, not seeing them or knowing how they were doing was really starting to get the best of me, so I text Eli one day asking how they were. After a few text messages went on he asked me to go to lunch with him. I figured he just wanted to catch up since it had been awhile since him and I had talked and a lot had gone on. So he picked me up and I ended up being at lunch with him for 2 hours. We had so much to talk about and catch up on. From there on, he has text and called every day. He told me that I could see the kids whenever I wanted to and I finally after about 4 days decided I had enough courage to go over there.

I seriously almost started crying the day I walked in the house and saw them. And to have the both of them come and run into my arms was so wonderful. Since that day, we have been hanging out and doing things with the kids and it quickly turned from a friendship, which we have always had, into a relationship. This came as a shock to most that are close me since they knew how anti-guy and anti-relationships I have been. But seriously, this one just felt right. I couldn’t just walk away because I know that if I did, I would have regretted it and I am so happy that I didn’t. I am so thankful that Shannon is the person that she is because it could have made the situation so crazy.

Seriously, it is just nice to have found someone that I get along with so well and want to be around. I wasn’t tired of him after a day. Still am no where near being tired of him. We have more fun together and have so very much in common. He treats me better than I have ever been treated before. It is so nice. He does cute little things too that make my heart melt…the latest was him just showing up at my work and surprising me today to say hi. He is who I went to Six Flags with as well. That was a spur of the moment idea by him and a great one at that. Things are going super well with him and I and truly enjoy spending time with him and kids also. There is tons more that I could write about, but I have to get some stuff done before my day ends.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congrats girl! That is awesome and I'm super happy for you, and super glad Shannon's being so cool about it too. Makes it way easier for you to be happy! Hope things continue going well. Keep us posted!