Thursday, June 7, 2007

A bit more info

So I guess to give you all a better understanding of my relationship and how I have known my guy, I need to fill you in on a little bit of my past (the short version). See, I actually met Eli through his ex-wife, Kasey. Now when I met him, they weren't even dating. In fact, she was dating another guy. Anyhow. Her and I became friends because her brother worked with my best friend Kara's boyfriend and somehow (I truthfully don't know how) I ended up dating her brother. If I let myself regret things, that would be one to regret, but I learned a ton from it. So her and I became super close. I think it was more because I spent a lot of time around her and I fell in love with her daughter. Well the more I was around her, the more close we became and she was still a close friend to me long after her brother and I broke up. Somewhere in all that time, her and Eli got back together and decided that they were going to get married (they were engaged before this). Since her and I were so close, I was always over at their place and always around. In fact, I was in their wedding. Yep, weird, I know.

Kasey and I did pretty much everything together. Her and I would instant message all day long, talk about anything and everything, and just really seemed to get along really well. From the beginning of our friendship, everyone in my life always questioned why I was friends with her and would ask me why I wanted to be around someone like her. Me being the person that I am over looked a lot of what other people saw in her. The beginning of last year, her and Eli went through their divorce and I was there for her. I listened to her shit talk Eli and try to place blame on him and fabricate stories to make herself look good and kept my mouth shut all the while thinking she was stupid and knowing the truth. I helped her move her stuff out, I watched after both kids while she ran and took care of things, and listened to her complain incessantly. With the divorce though, I couldn't very well talk to Eli because that would have betrayed her and I was after all her friend before Eli's.

Last summer, things started to really bother me. I was tired of listening to her make herself out to be a saint. I was tired of hearing how selfish she was and watching what she was doing to someone else while trying to make herself look and feel better. She kept saying the things she was doing was for the "kids" but I always knew better. I started catching her in a bunch of lies...and that is just something you don't do. You don't like to your friends, especially if you think of them as your best friend. And it wasn't just one lie, it was numerous lies. It was like she was constantly playing games and I was always a pawn in them. It got to the point where I felt like we were competing against each other and knew there was absolutely no need for such a thing. She started dating a guy. This guy was 22, mind you she was 31 at the time with two kids. This guy lived at home with his parents because he got himself into some serious debt and had to have his finances monitored. She herself was living at home. It was the strangest relationship that I have ever witnessed, but whatever. She thought they were so in love and actually thought that they had a future together. Well after hanging out and getting to know said guy and getting close to his friends, I quickly found out he didn't think like she did. In fact, he spent a good part of the time lying to her about things.

I could go on forever about her and him, but I will spare you all and just say that the reason her and my friendship came to an end is because she actually accused me of trying to get with her 22 year old boyfriend. I still find it rather amusing. The only reason he had my phone number was because of her, the only time I ever was at the house (which was one time) was with her, and the only time I was ever around him when she wasn't was when I was hanging out with his best friend. Not only that, this guy is not in the slightest bit attractive and not someone I would waste any of my time with. Yes, he would call and he would talk to me about him and her, but I was loyal to Kasey. Oh and a little side note...this is all after she went home with a guy that I had dated and lied to me about what went on with them. When she confronted me about the whole thing, I seriously almost died laughing because I couldn't believe that someone who called themselves my friend would actually think I would do something like that. No matter what I said to her though, she wouldn't listen and it was then that I realized I was fighting a losing battle. It was then that I realized that this friendship we supposedly had wasn't a "friendship" whatsoever. So when she would say, "I know that you guys did this" or "I know that this happened," I would just agree with her and say, "Yea, you're right." And that was the last time her and I talked. It was the end of September last year.

Since then, the only thing that I have missed wasn't her or the friendship, but the kids. I definitely got attached to them since I was literally around them at least four days a week. Being away from her I realized how incredibly draining she was and exactly what everyone else saw in her. She is such an unhappy person and feeds on bringing other people down.

Is it weird that I am with her ex? It was in the beginning. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong and immoral (and some might still think that I am). But then I realized that I can't worry about someone that isn't even a part of my life anymore. I can't let someone that can drop me like nothing have control over what happiness I could have in my life. Once I stopped thinking about her, I realized what a mistake it would have been to let her keep me from Eli. She actually wasn't that big of a concern to me. It was more Shannon's feelings since she was and still is a part of my life.

So it was Kasey that I was talking about when I was talking about hating stupid people because she is aware of Eli and I and is starting to use the kids against him. She is too stubborn to ever mention me to him and knows that the only way she can get to him is with the kids. That is the part that bothers me more than anything. I haven't had to see her yet and am not sure how that is going to be when that day actually comes. But that is something that I am not going to worry about and refuse to play her games. I am sure there will be things that she will do though that will make for some interesting posts later!

2 comments:

angie said...

wow sounds like a crazy situation but i am happy that you are doing well with your new guy...hopefully it all works out well. i look forward to the blog when you do have to see this girl...i am sure that will be a good one haha

Jen said...

Ha- Yeah, I'm with Angie- it will be interesting to hear how it goes when you finally have to come face to face with his ex... Not my idea of FUN! Good luck!