Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Still Here

Well, I have been out of the blogging loop for a little bit. I have just been really busy at work and then when I do have a free second, I was trying to do some reading for school. Ah, school...not sure how happy I am to be back in class, but it is actually going well for now. I am finding it hard to get all wrapped up in the readings and finish the readings, which are necessary to do the discussions and journals, but am pulling it off. Hopefully this week, I can catch up on all I didn't finish the last two weeks and get this weeks done. What a novel idea that is.

My last day couple days that the restaurant went well. I was so super nervous going into work on Wednesday after the phone conversation and being hung up on, but all was smooth. Everyone was nice and I made decent money. Oh and not only that, but I served my music teacher that I had in elementary school. How crazy is that!? She even remembered my name and everything. It was fun. Thursday being my last day, I didn't even want to go. I had a shit ton of reading I needed to do for assignments do on Friday and my friends were all going to Farmer's Market. Lucky for me, the place was slow due to the rodeo and Farmer's Market and I was off the clock at 7:00pm. I only had one table (thanks to the hostess purposefully not seating me like I asked her!) and I gave half the tip away just so I could leave. I am going to miss certain aspects of the job - like easy money, fun people to work with, free drinks - but I am already loving that I am able to plan things during the week and the weekend and not worry that I might be scheduled to work.

Oh and with not having to work so much I have been able to go grocery shopping, do laundry, hang out with my sister and family...all the stuff I had been missing out on since I started that job. Sunday was a tough day for me. I miss my Papa so much. I can't believe it has been a year since he left. I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday and it still hurts just the same knowing he isn't around. Friday is his birthday too...so another emotional day. At least I know that he is peaceful and not in pain anymore. --I love you Papa--

Other than that, just been working. My computer at work sucks and is driving me absolutely nuts (THANK YOU SHANNON FOR LETTING ME VENT). I am surprised the damn thing is still in one piece to be honest. I almost have them convinced to let me get a new one. Hhhhmmm, what else? That is all that I can think of for right now. I will try to be better about posting though.

No comments: