Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Interview with Jen

I got interviewed by Jen and here is how it went:

1. What do you look for in someone of the opposite sex (for relationship purposes)?

Honestly, I didn’t really have anything specific really that I was looking for. More than anything I wanted someone that I got along with, could talk to, be friends with, and connect with. Someone that has a big heart and isn’t just a hard ass and can show their feelings. I wanted someone that I could have fun with and not always be serious. Someone that I had things in common with and made me feel special inside. I have never been with someone that has been an actual “boyfriend” and done all the nice little things and I kind of wanted someone that would do those things as well. I think my biggest thing was that I wanted to be treated well, like I would treat them and be made to feel like I was a priority and not just around for someone’s convenience. I have settled in the past and this time I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t settle for less than I deserved…if that makes sense.

2. How did you know you wanted to go into psychology? Do you ever feel like you need your own psychologist? : )

I didn’t actually know that I wanted to go into psychology until a semester before I graduated. I started my college career thinking that I would major in a science field and then use it to go to medical school and become a pediatrician. I have always wanted to work with kids. Anyhow, you had to have so many elective courses and somehow, all mine ended up being psychology classes. Looking at my transcripts you can easily see that those were the classes that I enjoyed because they are the ones that I did the best in. So when I was trying to figure out graduating and whatnot, I took as step back and really looked at what I wanted and I knew I wanted to do something that interested me and something that I was good at, so I chose psychology. I knew getting my bachelors in psychology would require me to get my masters if I wanted to do it, so I have been procrastinating and trying to figure out which route to go. I have finally narrowed it down to Marriage and Family Therapy or School Counseling. I know both will be rewarding and I would enjoy. I am in a class right now that will hopefully be the deciding factor on which avenue to pursue.

As for needing my own psychologist…I don’t think at this point in time I need one. There have been times in my life when things have happened where seeing someone and talking to them about things would have probably been very helpful, but I am fortunate to be close to my mom and have her to talk to and work through things with. So really her and my friends are my personal psychologists. I don’t think I am a whacko…but you never know! =)

3. If you could choose to live ANYWHERE in the world, but you had to live there forever, where would it be?

I would have to say then I would be stuck in Reno for the rest of my life. I would want to be somewhere where I was close to my family and right now, all my family except for one uncle lives in Reno (he lives in Fernley). I am far too close to my family to live far away from them. I couldn’t imagine not being around them for all holidays or just dropping in whenever like I do now.

Now, if the whole family was going to move, I would want to go someplace by the ocean, with warm weather and a relaxed setting. I would want somewhere chill and relaxed…Cabo, Caribbean, somewhere in Hawaii. Someplace like that.

4. If you could only eat one THING for the rest of your life what would it be? (I hate this question, but I am really into food right now- so I am curious)

Shoot, that is a long time to just eat one thing! I would seriously go insane and end up becoming anorexic I think. But if I had to choose one thing it would be…hhhmmm…probably pasta. That is one of my favorite things to eat and probably wouldn’t get as old as eating a certain meat all the time or something. It would be super hard to only eat one thing though for the rest of my life. Could you imagine the cravings you would get!?!?!

5. If you were given a million dollars, how would you spend it and why?

First I would buy me a house because that is what I really want and would pay off all my debt. Then I would pay off my parents house and their debt because then my parents could retire and not work and just relax and travel. I would also set up a fund for my sister so that she could have enough money to put a good down payment on a house when she was old enough and pay for her schooling without having to worry about working so much. And I would invest the rest of it for when I had kids I wouldn’t have to worry about getting them cars, college, and so on. Oh and I would want to use a little bit of it on something fun too cause you have to enjoy something like that!

No comments: