Monday, July 28, 2008

Some Amazing News

It may not be that new to some, but to most it will be. Not only am I engaged and planning a wedding, Eli and I are expecting our first child together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think I could handle any more good news after Eli proposed, but then I went home and took a test since I didn't start while I was at Kara's wedding like I was supposed to and it was positive. I thought my head was going to fall off. I mean, that is A LOT of good news to take in all in one night!!! We are both beyond excited. Like Eli said, that couldn't have been a more special, perfect day, ever. I have waited to post it due to the fact that we owed it to the kids and the family to tell them first. My mom and dad are hysterical. My dad calls almost daily to make sure that I am eating and feeding his 'grandbaby'. Mom is always just calling to check up and ask questions. It is cute. Eli's mom cried when we told her from excitement and his dad is pretty stoked as well. He is a man of few words, but the way that he is and the few things he has said, you know that he is excited. This is my families first grandchild, other than Swae and Seth being a part of the family.

Swae and Seth are elated. Seth can't stop telling everyone that he is going to be a 'big broter' and beaming the whole time! The two them are constantly coming over to my belly and rubbing it, kissing it, and talking to the baby. I love it. Swae will not leave my side without kissing my tummy first and giving it a little rub. And she is already coming up with names. And they are sure to tell everyone they see that they have a baby on the way.

So there you have it. All my dreams are coming true and I couldn't be more excited and happy over it. Eli is absolutely amazing and has already started limiting me on EVERYTHING. He is all about me pampering myself and the baby, which is thinks is going to be a boy. Both our families are guessing a girl. I am so looking forward to this journey. So far it has been great, even if I am tired all the time. I am not sick though and couldn't be more thankful for that. First doctor appointment is in a couple weeks, so we will hopefully know more then.

11 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations, Steph, Eli, Swae and Seth!! :) What an exciting time for you and your family. Enjoy every moment! xoxo

misguidedmommy said...

dude, i was so over the moon about the engagement but then when you found out about the baby that night AHHHHHHHHH

BABIES

IS IT TIME TO REGISTER YET EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous said...

I know I've already siad this... BUT ccongratulations AGAIN!!!
Love ya!

Just Jiff said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you! Babies are SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait!!

Dyan said...

OMG..... I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! Congrats on so many levels!!!!!! Love it~

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Congratulations!!!! (again). Babies rock!

angie said...

Congrats again! It's all going to work out perfectly for you...like you said all your dreams are coming true!

Jayla'sMommy said...

Congratulations again.
Can't wait for preggo updates :))

Coffee Slut said...

Congrats! Love your blog, btw! I'll be sure to read along as you chronicle your journey.

Jodi said...

Congratulations! Thanks for visiting my blog. I come to visit yours and got this great news!! How fabulous for you guys!!!

Sarah Lynn said...

WOW! That is great news. Congrats to you both!