Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's Finally Here

I can't believe that this weekend is already here. It's been two years that we have been planning and waiting! Two years ago on May 1, 2006, my best friend got engaged. It was a fabulous day. It took months of planning for Paul to pull off the engagement and the best thing was, all their friends were there and got to witness the WHOLE thing (Kara of course had no idea until after). It was perfect. They didn't plan to have such a long engagement, but had to in order for them to get married in the beautiful place that they are: Park City, UT. Paul's godfather just built a gorgeous home and the landscaping is phenomenal. It's been two years of dress shopping, finding the perfect colors, the perfect flowers, making trips to Park City, and so much more. And today is the day that we fly there for the wedding on Saturday!!!! I can't wait.

I am not only excited for the wedding, but I am excited to see my best friend. She has been in Europe for the past three and a half weeks and then was only in town for a day before her and Paul headed to Vegas...their new home. :( Before they left on their trip, they packed up their whole house and it was rented. So many big things going on at once. It has been forever (at least it seems like it) since I have seen her and I just can't wait to give her a big hug.

I am not sure what we have planned to do this afternoon once we land. I think it will be more of just a dinner thing. Then tomorrow we are going to get mani's and pedi's! Tomorrow night we might go out in downtown Park City for her final night out before getting married. Friday will bring the rehearsal brunch and who knows what else. Saturday = THE BIG DAY!!! There is no doubt in my mind that the entire thing will be perfect and beautiful. I will definitely be taking a ton of pictures and will share them when I get back.

My Sweet Best Friend

My P-Bizzle, Paul
I love this girl!!
The Threesome
It is very hard for me right now to put words to how I feel. This trip will definitely be amazing, but I know the end of it is going to be very tough. We will be going our separate ways...them to Vegas, us to Reno. I can't even imagine what it is going to be like not to have her down the street. To not be able to call and say, "Let's go get coffee real quick." To have all the BBQ's, the movie nights, the nights out for a couple drinks. I know that Vegas isn't across the country, but it is still change. It is still different. And I am going to miss her so very much. Looks like my next trip will be to Vegas to visit. Cause I know I can't go too long in between seeing her and hanging out with her.

Congratulations Paul and Kara. What an amazing journey and one that I am so lucky and proud to be a part of!!! I love you both!

1 comment:

angie said...

I can't wait to see all your pictures from the wedding!!!