Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happiest Day Ever!!! July 13, 2008

The day started off a little low. It was the day after the gorgeous wedding, but also the day that I was saying goodbye to my best friend who will now be living in Vegas. And I have no idea when I will be seeing her again. Oh the tears that flowed when I had to leave for the airport. We were both quite the mess. Eli text me how I was doing and I told him I was sad, but excited to see him. He reassured me he would be at the airport to pick me up and he would do what he could to cheer me up. The flight took forever, or so it seemed. As soon as the plane landed, I text him letting him know and that I couldn't wait to see him. Haha...then we had to sit on the runway for twenty minutes waiting for a plane to leave the gate we needed to pull into. Longest twenty minutes!!!!! Thankfully I sat close to the front of the plane (3rd row!) and was off quick.

One of my friends was on the flight back and I told him that I would meet him at baggage claim. I had major butterflies walking down the long hallway past security to get to Eli. I could see him from a distance. His height is wonderful like that! I saw his face as I was getting closer and I couldn't stop smiling. About fifteen feet from him, I couldn't take it anymore and just started running and jumped in his arms. See look!

It wasn't until after being in his arms for a bit that I noticed that my parents were standing behind him and his parents behind them. Then I noticed my sister and roommate videoing and taking pictures. I remember saying, "What the fuck is everyone doing here?" And yes, it is on video. I didn't mean to say it, but it slipped. I was so shocked. And I think at the point it hit me what was about to happen. Next thing I knew, Eli was down on one knee. I was so happy, excited, shocked and caught off guard that I almost forgot to say yes! Just kidding. It just took me a minute to get my breath to say it.I was however so overwhelmed that I didn't really get a good look at the ring, but knew that it fit just right. You can see from my face just how much shock I was in!
He couldn't stop smiling either. I think this was the point after I said yes when I was saying what an emotional weekend it had been for me and couldn't stop smiling!!
Then it was time to kiss my fiance! It still really hadn't set in and still is setting in. What an amazing feeling.

Clearly still overwhelmed, but completely happy.
Needing much more love from him! Finally getting around to hug everyone there. My dad was pretty happy!
Me hugging my mom while dad shook Eli's hand and congratulated him.
Hugging Eli's mom...she looks super happy! She even cried.
Giving Sr. some love!
Look at that smile. He was a happy camper and still is. Wakes up happier than ever in the morning and just has a different beat to him every day all day. My parents look pretty happy.
More squeezes.
Still trying to take it in.
Completely in shock still and trying to catch my breath.
The engaged couple. Aren't we cute!?!??!!!!
Such a dark picture you can't see the ring. I will post pictures later of it.
Going to get my bags.
The two families at dinner and them toasting us!


I couldn't be more happy. We told the little ones last night. They were stoked. Swae asked if it could be this August because she doesn't want to have to wait until next year! She is so cute. I even let her wear the ring for a few. She is too freaking cute. Seth kept talking about being in the wedding. Eli did a fantastic job and I am still glowing!!!

12 comments:

Lindz said...

Once again, CONGRATS girl! I think I get to be the first to say it here, officially. Those pictures are priceless, I got all giddy and butterfly-ie myself...

So cute to see Eli so happy and excited... and your reaction is priceless.

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to make me cry? That is so sweet! Congratulations!!!

Megan said...

It is AMAZING that you have these pictures for all time. That's my one regret - that it was just me and Kevin when he proposed to me, and no one to snap pics of my happy tears and our hugs and kisses!! Congratulations to you both - so happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's great!!!!

angie said...

Congrats again! I think it was such a cute idea to do it right there at the airport! I'm happy for you and your FIANCE :)

H said...

awww congrats! That's awesome! sorry im slow lol. Enjoy this time, its amazing!

Shawna said...

congrats...I am so happy for you guys. You guys are too cute.

great pics too!

Sarah Lynn said...

WOW! Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Nellie said...

Came over from misguided mommy... CONGRATS! The pics almost made me cry! You guys look very happy and it's wonderful that both sets of parents are so happy for you. :)

Dyan said...

OMG..... congratulations babygirl!!! I am so happy for you... Oh, sigh... I love hearing about this stuff, and thanks for sharing the pictures!!!!

Mrs. J said...

congratulations!!! That was such a romantic proposal!