Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Beautiful Grams

Now that I am at work, I was fortunate enough to find a couple pictures of my Grams. These were taken last summer at our family reunion. She always dressed so nice and never missed out on anything to do with family...even if it was roasting outside and she was uncomfortable.



Everyone loved to be around her. Her presence just warmed the heart. Like my cousin mentioned this morning, Grams has left footprints on all our hearts.

The following is a poem that my cousin sent out today to the family that she read to Grams just a few days ago. I think it is beautiful and holds very true for my Grams.


Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

2 comments:

Just Jiff said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mrs. F said...

Grandmothers are so special. I am sorry for your loss.