Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love to run!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. It really felt like spring and was just an all around nice day. Work was good, got a lot done, got some things resolved and accomplished. It was just a good day that flew by. Most of the day I was pretty tired, but just had an itch to go on a run. My best friends who I normally work out with are all out of town, so I decided to see if my sister wanted to go. She is training for a marathon in San Diego with my mom. It is so good to see them getting along and doing something together. I really think it is something my sister needed.

Anyway, I went ahead and asked her if she wanted to go on a run with me. I made sure to let her know she could meet me...that of course meant she was able to drive her new car. She wasn't going to pass that up! So we met and were on our way. I didn't think for a second that I would be able to keep up with her since she has been training so hard. But I did. I was quite proud of myself. We ran two mile and walked two. May not sound like much, but to me that was good considering I haven't really been working out that much. I didn't think that I would be able to handle more than a mile of running, but at the end of two, I could have kept going. I didn't because I didn't want to over do. I want to ease back into this whole running thing. I love it so much and it is such a huge release for me, that I don't want to over do it and have any reason at all to have to stop.

I know my mom and sister are meeting with their team to train tonight, but I am still planning on going on a little run. I don't think I will do as much as last night, but at least two miles of combined running and walking. Today I feel so good after yesterday. I love the way my muscles are aching and want to keep it up!

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

a few weeks ago i ran 1/10th of a mile and was soooo proud of myself

Anonymous said...

I love how my muscles feel after a good workout, but I am definetly not a runner! That takes a lot ;)

Lainey-Paney said...

ran two & walked two...doesn't sound like much?
Um...I would have DIED if I had to run 2 miles. DIED.

I'm impressed!