Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Boss's Gift

I absolutely adore my boss. Not only is she so fabulous to work for, she is also a wonderful person and has become a great friend. It is so nice to come to work and feel so welcome, be treated well, and know that your boss trusts you with multiple tasks. Her being pregnant has been so much fun. It has been amazing being a part of everything. This is one pregnancy that I have been able to follow very closely and feel close to. Maybe it has to do with us working together and me seeing her every day. I don't know. Whatever it may be, I wouldn't trade it or change a thing about it.

Since she has two kids already that are older (12 and 10), she is starting completely over. She has nothing. Not only that, she just moved to Reno a little over a year ago leaving all of her friends and everyone that she knew. She just wanted to get away and she did. So now she is up here, has made some new friends, but is having another baby and has nothing. I am planning a baby shower for her and have been keeping my eyes peeled for good deals to help them out. When Shannon was getting rid of her maternity clothes, I made sure that my boss had access to them. Shannon has been awesome knowing that she is pregnant and asked me the other day if my boss would be interested in a bassinet. Instantly I got all excited and said of course knowing that it would be needed. And as soon as the pictures of it were emailed, I knew for sure that I couldn't pass it up. Take a look!!!!


I am so freaking excited. Shannon is giving the bedding with it. I think it is adorable. I was going to pick it up and surprise my boss with it at her house, but then I remembered she doesn't really like surprises, so I already showed it to her. She was beyond excited. And of course she told me that I need to quit doing so much and blah, blah, blah. But I can't. I am enjoying it and I love helping people that I care about. I guess she went home that night and was telling her husband all about it and now they are just both excited.

Oh yea!!!! At the doctor appointment she went to when she found out the sex of the baby, they got the most amazing ultrasound picture. She described it to me before actually showing it to me, but seeing it was insane. The doctor got a perfect shot of his little foot. You could see his little toes and everything. I want to some how get that picture, blow it up, and frame it for them...I just don't know how to get it. I guess I could ask her husband, but I wanted it to be a surprise for him as well. I'll have to figure something out. Also, there was no mistake that it is a little boy and he definitely isn't shy about showing off his goods!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
What a wonderful friend you are to her. That's great!!!

Just Jiff said...

That's SO sweet of you! Very nice bassinet.

angie said...

Very cute! Brenda is lucky to have you around! I talked to Danny the other day and he was totally beaming about having a little boy. I'm so excited for them!