Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dark Mornings

Seriously, I hate the dark. It scares me. I don't like not being able to see things. It makes me so very uncomfortable. And now, with this damn time change, I am in the dark EVERY morning. Don't get me wrong, the time change is good because I do like that it stays lighter later, but it kind of sucks when you get to work and it is still dark outside.

With my new job, which by the way is 100% OFFICIAL now, I start every morning at 7. Getting here a little before 7 really isn't that bad, but since there is so much going on at work and so much that I am stressing over, I have been getting here at 6:30. That means that I am leaving the house at 6 and it is super ass dark. Not just a little, there isn't any sun that is starting to come up, it is like still pitch black. It is so freaking dark that I can't find the key hole to lock the door without using my cell phone light. I don't care about driving in the dark because I feel safe confined in my car. What I mind is getting to work, when there really isn't anyone else on campus, parking in the parking garage, and having to walk clear across campus to get to my office. It scares the shit out of me when it is dark out. I hate being such a baby about it, but that is just how I am. Sure the path I take is lit, but it is still dark every where else. There isn't ever anyone else around, so if someone were to try something, no one would be the wiser. So it gives me a damn stomach ache just coming to work. I just wish that I parked closer to the office so that I didn't have that problem.

What I have decided is that I will have someone on stand-by so that I can call them for my 5 minute walk. That way, if someone does grab me the other person would know AND I would feel better knowing that I wasn't entirely alone. I'm seriously such a baby. (Shannon, I think that you would totally relate though!!) Maybe it will be a ton better when I am not getting here as early as I have been. But looking outside the window, I see that it is still dark out and this is what time I would usually be pulling into the parking garage to start a normal day. So I think I am just pretty much fucked for this whole time change season.

5 comments:

kat said...

Darn time change. Don't you just hate it? They should just let it go, really. It is nice to have longer days in summer but do they really need to mess with our biorhythm? I think we will change next week or the week after...Not looking forward to the dark mornings either.

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm a baby about the dark too.

So@24 said...

Dark mornings are the worst. So depressing.

How can you start a morning in the total dark? It's so cruel

misguidedmommy said...

brandon woke up wanting to go to the park, i had to explain we in no way possible were going to the park in pitch black, he didnt care, still wanted to go

Jen said...

I'm escared of the dark too. It's so embarrassing. I totally freak out when Layla barks at anything in the night when Erick is gone because I am SO ESCARED.

I am the mom now. You would think I would get OVER IT.