Monday, March 24, 2008

My Sister

My sister is getting so big, so old. She is still my little sister, but this weekend I realized even more than I already had that she isn't a little girl anymore and she is really growing up. She will be 17 in May and is as gorgeous as ever. She has a huge heart and really is an over all great person. She wasn't allowed to get her drivers license when she turned 16 for a couple reasons, one of them being that she wasn't experienced enough. Well, the girl passed her driver's test the end of February with a 98%. That's right, she freaking rocked on the test. She even had to parallel park and didn't mess up on that. I didn't have to do that for mine and I have heard that is the part that most kids mess up on. The only thing she got marked for was making a turn and grazing the other lanes line. That was it. I was so extremely proud of her!!!

Since then, she has only driven on her own a few times because she doesn't have her own vehicle. So it really didn't sink in all that much to me that she really is old enough to drive. That was only until Saturday when her and my parents were out car shopping for her. They didn't really have any intention of getting her anything, but wanted to start looking and checks prices. Of course my sister wanted me there and there was no way I wouldn't be there for her. The lucky little thing definitely lucked out. She found herself a 2005 Ford Escape. It is so cute for her. It is a light green color. It has under 35,000 miles on it and they were able to get it for under $11,000. That is such an unbelievable deal!!!!

I am so happy for her. She is so excited. She looks so cute driving. It is just so hard to believe that it is already happening. I mean, I remember my bratty, but cute, two-year-old sister with pig tails running around. Now she is driving and getting all boy crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to like her a lot when you aren't talking about how jealous you are of her huge knockers.

Megan said...

How exciting! Congrats to her. :) I love how close you are to your sis - reminds me of my relationship wtih mine. Sisters are the best!