Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Little of Everything

What a long weekend I had. I feel like I was on the go non-stop and didn't feel at all rested yesterday...and don't feel much better today. Oh well, it was a fun one and that is what matters. Like my best friends fiance always said, "We'll sleep when we are dead." Fair enough. Saturday I had to shop for all the family birthdays for the month. I have to say, I love, LoVe, LOVE Kohl's!!! They always have such great sales. I was able to get my mom's, aunt's, and cousin's birthday gifts and a couple cute outfits for the bun in my boss's oven!!!! On that note, my boss found out that she is having a boy! I am beyond excited for her and her husband. She looks amazing and she is the cutest when opening up little gifts. Saturday was also my wonderful mother's birthday, so I made sure to spend some time with her and then we had to rush out to Fernley for my cousin's birthday party. On our way back home, we stopped for Mexican food because my mom is a freak for it. By the time we were done with dinner and mom opening up her gifts at the house, it was almost 10pm and I was beat. Not to mention, I had an early wake up call on Sunday...and then daylight savings time on top of that. So, I rushed my little ass to bed.


Sunday morning the alarm went off and I wanted to cry. I was so tired. I almost wanted to call off my plans, but didn't. I mean, it's not every day that you get to participate in a bridal fashion show!!! So I got up, showered, and was on my way. Hair and make-up were done. I felt like a princess being pampered on that day. It was so much fun. The dresses that I got to wear were absolutely gorgeous. The day was long, but it was an experience that I will never forget. I have mentioned before that I am weird about being the center of attention. I love people and groups, but I hate being singled out at all. I am getting better with it, but it is still something that I struggle with at times. Sunday was definitely one of those times. I had to walk in front of a group of people, down a run way, in a wedding dress by myself a few times. It was so nerve racking!!!! But I some how found it in myself to push all nerves aside and give it my all. It was a good feeling totally stepping outside my bubble. I enjoyed the whole day spending time with my friends and meeting new people. It really was a great experience.


After the show, I was off and running to meet my family to show off my house!!!! All my family are big jokers and love to give me a ration of shit and boy were they at their best that day. It was so fun. My mom was pretty much in tears walking in for the first time and already has a million decorating ideas. Dad was the cutest I think. He would walk around and look and things and then just come over and hug me and tell me how proud of me he was. It was so awesome. I love knowing that I am making my parents proud. It wasn't just them there either. Nope, had aunts, uncles, all my cousins, grandpa. It was so fun having them all there to see it and support me. I didn't think that we would be there as long as we were, but that is how things always happen with my family. After I was off and running yet again to get Paul and Kara and then to my grandpa's to celebrate my mom and aunt's birthday. I love so much spending time with the people that I love. I had everyone closest to me surrounding me. We ended up being there later than expected so that meant getting to bed later than expected.


Oh and let me just say, this time change...KICKING MY ASS!!!! I have a hard enough time getting up in the morning. And now getting up and it being dark, ugh, just making it a million times harder. I know I will adjust, just like always, but until then I think I will be one tired girl. Maybe I will be able to get some good rest this weekend and have some down time and it will help with the transition. There is a novel idea I tell you! At least I am having fun. The last few weeks have absolutely flown by. But I have been having the greatest time and making SO many memories.

This week I might be quiet blogging and reading/commenting on other blogs because I am crazy insane busy at work. But I will catch up either the end of the week or some time over the weekend.

1 comment:

Just Jiff said...

DAMMIT!!! YOU CANNOT --- I REPEAT, CANNOT!!! -- POST THIS BLOG ABOUT THE BRIDAL SHOW WITHOUT POSTING PICS OF YOURSELF IN IT!!!!!!!!!

I'M VERY VERY VERY UPSET!

Okay, whew. Your parents are so proud of you... I love it! I don't even know you (in real life) but am VERY proud of you too!!