Monday, September 10, 2007

Kinda Sad...and Annoying

I was reading a blog and talking to a friend today about some stuff that is going on and it just hit me how sad it is that people use blogging as a means of escape and yet, drama keeps seeping in. I just don't understand. I mean, I blog for the simple fact that it is nice to get things that I would normally keep to myself out. It is nice to be able to get opinions from fellow bloggers and have support other than the people that surround you in your every day life. I have found that by blogging, I tend to get better feedback from blogging than I do from going to my friends because there isn't the typical unbiased that you receive when going to close friends and family. Blogging just makes sense.

I know that there are a few people that have had trouble with drama on their blog and honestly it just pisses me off. I had drama of my own. I understand that drama was brought on by insecure, jealous girls, but whatever. The thing of it is, people shouldn't be causing drama on blogs. People are free to talk about whatever they want. People should be able to speak freely and not have to worry about back lash that they get from other readers. It just really bothers me that such negativity needs to be brought into a place where you feel free to write and share thoughts and feelings, experiences, emotions, and some pretty personal things in your life.

I guess it all just made me step back and question whether or not I should continue writing/blogging. It makes me so glad I am not participating in another blog that I found so much pleasure reading and was actually considering taking a part of... Now I just feel kind of lost about blogging.

5 comments:

angie said...

AMEN!!!!!!! My thoughts exactly!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I feel the exact same way!!! I could not have said it any better!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up all the benefits YOU get from blogging.

Don't let PATHETIC people influence what you do or do not do.

And I will miss you blogging so you can't stop blogging :)

Jen said...

Don't let others ruin it for you- but I agree that it is soo stupid when people blog-fight. It's like high school! Kinda funny though- ha!!

Megan said...

Well said - I'm with ya!!