Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Finally Caught Up

I can't believe how long it took me since being gone to get caught up. My goodness. A week and a half. Oh well. I was busy while doing and now I will have all sorts of down time to get caught up on reading blogs and posting some of my own.

The weekend did turn out to be very nice. The only downfall was Eli being sick, but we made the most of it. This week has been crazy for me so far and I don't even know why. I just feel like there is so much to do and I haven't had time to do it. With the pile that I had on my desk, I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere or making any progress. But now that it is gone, I am feeling a little bit more relieved.

So many crazy things are going on...people being sick, my friends sister over dosing on pills. When I heard the news of their sister being in the hospital and what had happened, I couldn't even believe it. I know that she was going through a rough time, but I can't believe that should would try to kill herself. Long story short, their sister had been cheating on her husband. Well over the weekend, her husband actually caught her in the act of cheating and told her that she wanted a divorce and it set her over the deep end and she took a bunch of pills. She made sure to wait til the pills were absorbed enough before admitting that she needed to go to the doctor. She is now in the hospital and for the last three days her liver hasn't been functioning at all. It is so bad that they already got her qualified for a liver transplant, but that takes time and they have to get her stable. So the girls flew out this morning to go be with her. My heart breaks for how them and their family must be feeling and their poor sister. Just so crazy that this happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your friend and her sister. I hope her family can get her through this tough time.