Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Loopy Today

I don't know what the hell went on last night, but I think last night was one of the worst night sleep that I have ever had. Eli and I were of course very busy after work until after 8:00 and then we still had a couple things to take care of, including eating dinner. By the time we sat down, it was well after 9:00 and all I could think of was crawling in bed and laying my head on my pillow. Somehow I managed to keep my little peepers open til almost 10:00 and I excitedly went to bed...only to fucking lay there wide awake. I don't know what it was. I was so exhausted and yet, sleep wouldn't come. I guess it could have been that there is a lot to think about and that is on my mind, but still. You would think that after falling asleep and being so tired I would have slept like a baby all night.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was awake every damn hour for the rest of the night. It was such bullshit. I was up at two different times because I couldn't get comfortable and was tossing and turning and didn't want to wake up Eli. It was so annoying that I almost started crying. Come 4:00am, I started wondering what the use of even trying to get some sleep was. I did however get my best sleep after that and until the alarm went off for Eli to get up. I have been awake since then. In fact, I was even to work 45 minutes early because I couldn't go back to sleep. Now I am sitting here tired, but even now, I don't know that I could sleep.

What the hell is going on with me??? I love my sleep so much, it sucks when I don't get any and I don't sleep good. The good thing is, I am not cranky.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I hate that crap...you get over-tired and then you can't sleep. I was a zombie today...got about 2 hours of sleep. Just couldn't drift off. So frustrating! Hope you get better rest tonight!

Jen said...

Actually Steph, it sounds like you DID sleep "like a baby". Word on the street is that babies don't really sleep all that well... Joy! ; )