Thursday, January 25, 2007

Done with my job

Alright, so I am about to go insane. I am sitting here at a job that sucks ass and that I hate being at and not sure what to do. At this point, all I want to do is tell them to fuck off and give my two weeks notice and be done. But then I have to be realistic and remember that I have bills to pay and that I have insurance and benefits to think about. I was looking online about jobs that I can apply for and let me tell you that jobs with the state are awful slim. It usually isn't until around July that more jobs open up. So I just feel so stuck and lost and so unsure of what to do.

I have been checking the state job website every day. I have applied for two jobs and I was approved for one. Nothing to get too excited about though. The state is so weird. Now that I am approved, I get put on a list and then when the department is able to hire, they pull the list, then go through the interview process and then decide to give a job to someone. It is all lengthy and annoying. I could possibly have something going for me though since I worked in the department that I applied for the last two weeks and when I told the supervisor over there that I applied and everything, she asked for a copy of my application. Don't know what that means though and still don't know if they are hiring. There are just so few jobs that are even appealing right now.

I shouldn't feel bad though. I am not the only one at work that is having a hard time. There are so many people in our office right now that are unhappy. Things are just changing so much so quick. They let things go for so long and now are just pulling the reins and people don't know what to think. Personally, I think a lot of things are getting out of hand. The higher ups are even going as far as to get it to where we can't wear jeans on Fridays. That is just so annoying to me. And how is it that I sit behind a desk for 8 hours a day but still have to wear nice slacks and whatnot. Seriously, who flippin cares. I don't do shit really.

Pretty much today is just a shitty day at work and I am over it and seriously praying that another job comes to me very soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hang in there Steph. My company is going through the same shit right now. Things were crappy for so long that now they are changing everything at once and it is making everyone completely fucking crazy!! Something will happen for you, sooner or later SOMETHING always happens!!! : )