I had a doctor appointment today. It was good and bad. Baby is fine, so no stress!!!
Good news is that I am now 2 1/2cm dilated and 80% effaced and again she stressed how incredibly low baby is. This I know because I feel how low her head is in my lower regions and feel how uncomfortable it is. No surprise there. I have been contracting more and today especially they have been getting a little bit uncomfortable. I am thinking that it shouldn't be too much longer.
Here is my hope - I hope to have Sierra before Friday. I know it is a stretch, but I have good reason. See, my parents are leaving on a cruise first thing Friday morning and won't be back until he evening of the 28th. Truthfully, I couldn't at all imagine them not being here for her birth. And I truly don't think that I will hold out until the 28th or later. From the beginning I didn't ever think I would. So much to think about...
On to the bad news. My doctor walked in and had her arm all in a contraption. I then found out that she BROKE her shoulder and will not be delivering babies for another six weeks. You see my problem. Sierra will not be in my stomach for another six weeks. There is no way. That would put me at 42 weeks...no thank you. So, I have to have another doctor upon delivery. This crushed me. Like to the point of having tears in my eyes. I absolutely love and adore my doctor. She is amazing. The thought of having another doctor is just not something I am having an easy time wrapping my head around...but I am trying.
So, things are progressing for sure which is exciting. Just that much closer to getting to hold my precious angel in my arms!!!!!
**Oh and I am real bummed that I didn't blog yesterday because I was doing so good about posting every day! :(