Thursday, July 26, 2007

Might as well...

Be talking to myself. As I said earlier this week that I am housesitting and taking care of a deaf dog. Honestly, it is the easiest money to make. I just have to feed the little thing and stick it out to potty. Oh and sleep there or take her to my house if I want to stay there. No so bad huh? Didn't think so either. What I do catch myself doing on quite a regular basis is TALKING to the dog. Yes, that's right. My dumbass self talks to a deaf dog. And then I realize that I am talking to a deaf dog and proceed to talk to myself about what a dumbass I am. Therefore, just snowballing all the dumbassness. Yes, I am brilliant. I think it is just human nature though to talk to animals. It is like talking to babies. I talk to my puppy all the damn time even though he has no clue what the hell is coming out of my mouth. But he is used to my voice. I couldn't imagine trying to train a deaf dog. How difficult it must be.

I find it super amusing (not that her being deaf is funny) when there is a loud noise that startles you and would normally startle any other dog/animal and she just keeps sleeping and doesn't pay no mind. I feel super bad when she she is sleeping and she doesn't "feel" that I am getting close to her and freaks out if I touch her. Poor little thing.

So there it is. I talk to a deaf dog. I even say "Come here Kirby". I know, I need some help!

5 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

hahahahahah you crack my shit up...here boy here

angie said...

Maybe she can sense the words coming out her your mouth if she sees you haha! I couldn't imagine having a world with no sound...even if I was a dog and I didn't understand any of the sounds coming at me! But easy money is always good!

Chris Walker said...

I talk to my television when I'm playing video games. I say shit like fuck, goddamnit, and "I didn't tell you to jump there!"

At least the deaf dog won't tell anyone your secrets. You could tell that dog anything.

Jen said...

Haha! I talk to my dog ALL THE TIME! But everyone else talks to her too... I brought her to work with me today and everyone keeps asking her questions and stuff. Am I supposed to answer FOR her? Or do I just let her stare at them with her adoring expression?

I also talk to myself though. And then I talk to myself about talking to myself... I do it in the car a lot.

Scott said...

C'mon, admit it, how many times have you snuck up on the dog and grabbed it to see how much it would jump? None? Oh. Maybe I'm the only one who would find that funny.