Monday, July 16, 2007

All's Well

Holy crap, what a crazy week last week was. I don't know how I managed to get through it and be as good as I am. But I did. I can't thank my family, my friends, my blogging friends enough. The support I received was unbelievable and so very much appreciated. I really needed to step back and put everything into perspective and I did that over the weekend. All of that wasn't the end of the world, although in the middle of it, it seemed like it for awhile. I realized that there are so many other people out there that have things so much worse than I do and were going through things that were so much worse than me. I realized I should be thankful that it was just a break up and not a divorce. I should be thankful that it happened now rather than later because it would have hurt that much more. Not to mention, I have friends and family that are going through much harder times (like Shannon and her pregnancy). So I stopped being selfish and have things all laid out.

I spend my weekend doing what I wanted, when I wanted, and how I wanted. I did things that were good for me...cleansing. With all of this, I have really taken to keeping to myself. I have found that I don't really want to talk to anyone or really be around anyone other than my family. I am ok being by myself and doing my own thing. I actually like it that way and have enjoyed it. I think it is something I need to do for me. I don't think this is a bad thing and will probably be something that is super helpful to me in the future. All I know is right now I am going to continue doing things that make me happy because that is what matters at this point.

Friday after work, I finally went and got a tattoo that I have wanted for years now. I found the design I wanted over a year ago. I don't know what has kept me from doing it sooner, but I went for it. It turned out absolutely wonderful. It is in remembrance of my baby brother that passed away when I was 8 years old. Maybe another time I will get into that story and how he passed away. So now, I have something that reminds me of him and is with me every day. I was so nervous going to have it done. I got it on top of my foot and everyone kept telling me that is one of the worst places to get a tattoo because it is tender. It actually didn't hurt. It was uncomfortable in some places, but I did well. I am so happy that I did it. I can totally see maybe getting a few more now.

Oh other good news. My uncle has been fighting for custody of my cousin. He and her mom have a long history and their relationship ended in a bad way. They did try to work things out, but her mom was too wrapped up in drugs and was something my uncle couldn't deal with. Since then, he met and married a wonderful woman and has started to build a family. My cousin's mom had custody of her, but didn't have a job or anything and wasn't able to support herself let alone my cousin, so she has been up here living in Reno with my uncle. Her mom ended up getting into the hard stuff. Her family tried getting her into rehab and she blew out both times she tried. It has been two months since anyone has heard from her. Her other daughter is being taken care of by her brother. My uncle went to court this morning and found out that he has full custody! This is such a great day for him. I can't even imagine what a relief it is for him to know that things are final and that my cousin is where she belongs. Of course it is sad that she won't be with her mom (at least until she is clean), but here she has a home, two people that adore her and a large family. So congrats Uncle B. I am so happy for you!

Ok, back to work. I just had to let you all know that I am doing well. Thanks again for everything.

4 comments:

angie said...

Soooo glad things are going better for you I'm happy to hear it. It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend and you were able to get some things sorted out!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is well. That is SO COOL about the tatoo!! I would love one but i'm too scared of the pain. Jen from BB8 is driving me crazy I am so glad Dick yelled at her. I hope one of them wins the veto and puts up someone else...I want to keep the dad/daughter team. We'll see later!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that things are better again :)
Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!

Jen said...

Yeah I think everyone is pretty relieved that you didn't let any of this crap get you down. You are the bigger person here and you will only be the stronger for it!!

XXOO