Thursday, October 29, 2009

Big Decision

I made a big decision last week.

I am going back to work at my serving job. I haven't worked there in two years and the boss welcomed me back with open arms and couldn't wait to put me back on the schedule. My best day serving was Sunday mornings and he even gladly gave me back my day. It was awesome.

I will start just working Sundays - every other Sunday will be a few hours (the weekends we have Swae and Seth) and the other most of the day. While I don't like the thought of being away from my family, I think it will be good for me. I think it will be good for the kiddos and Eli. I just feel that I need a little something different in my routine. Don't get me wrong. I love being a stay at home mommy and being with Skylar all the time. I love going to the gym and doing any and everything that I want. But I think I am missing feeling like I am contributing to the family. Eli doesn't really understand me going back. He feels bad, but I keep telling him it has nothing to do with him or him not doing enough. It is a personal decision for me.

I actually went in last night for a few hours. I was nervous/excited all day. Walking in I was all jittery, but then it all came flooding back and I couldn't wait to jump back in and get started. It did break my heart when I was leaving the house and Swae and Seth were bummed out and saying they didn't want me to go. But they had a great night with their daddy. And I was sure to snuggle both of them while they were sleeping when I got home.

I am anxious for Sunday and very excited. It's like starting a new adventure. The good thing? I don't have to give up my gym time! And I still get tons and tons of time with my family!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's all about you personally. Some people need something more than just staying at home. I'd love to have something extra alongside to do in addition to staying home at times...David's schedule is never the same though so something like that is next to impossible. There are days you just need to get out...being a stay at home mom is not easy...it's not all about painting our toenails and watching soaps as some people think it is :)

Sarah Lynn said...

Good luck!

Megan said...

Good for you, Steph! That's awesome! Where are you serving?

Mrs. F said...

I love being a server. Good luck!