Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We Will Take Our Time

I didn't end up crying - thank goodness. I felt horrible sticking her in her cradle. She was looking around like, "What the heck is going on?" When I moved her to bed for those few minutes she was just staring at me. Her little eyes were so heavy but she fought closing them. This will be an adjustment that is for sure. And one that I'm not going to rush because right now I absolutely adore sleeping with her right next to me. She lasted about an hour and a half in the cradle before she woke up. I'm pretty sure she only started waking because she was hungry. If she hadn't fought going to sleep it would have been longer. We will figure it out!

Sleep well everyone!

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Yes, it is a slow transition, but everyone will get there. "baby steps"

Just Jiff said...

It's harder on you than it is her. :) She is such a sweet baby, I don't blame you for wanting to snuggle her all the time! :)

Hope said...

You should absolutely take your time and enjoy having her in bed with you!!!! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity (at least with little miss Skylar) so you should absolutely cherish it.

capperson said...

Aww this is too cute. Just take those baby steps, everything will be ok :)

Alicia W. said...

I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't keep Brea or Brody in the bed with us until they were 3 months.. I'm not going to lie and tell you that they were in their cradle until they were 6 months.. I won't lie and tell you that I did not move them to their crib in their room till they were both 10 months old. Because I did do all of those things. I had a very hard time and I understand that. Now Brea is 3, Brody will be 1 on tues.. they both sleep peacefully in their own rooms, own beds and do just fine. I say you do what you want.. don't listen to other people and their opinions. You go with what your heart is telling you and that's all you can do. They are only so little for so long. No matter what you decide, you are a EXCELLENT MOTHER!!

amanda said...

u will figure it out...and whatever u decide, it will be the right choice :)

Lainey-Paney said...

Teaching her to self-soothe & get herself to sleep....you will be so glad in the end that you've done this.